Click here to link up!
1. What was your first car?1993 Black Toyota Paseo
My dad owned an auto repair shop most of my life so he rebuilt the transmission and fixed up a used one for me. It was a present for my 18th birthday but I was pregnant at the time so he wouldn't let me drive it.
It was fun to drive and looked great but we had a newborn baby shortly after and were living in the upper peninsula (way up!) where it snowed a LOT and was very mountainous. It wasn't really practical or efficient so we didn't keep it very long, maybe a year.
2. Who was your favorite childhood teacher?I think my favorite teacher would have been my 6th grade science teacher, Mr. Elliot. I had a lot of great teachers around that time so it is hard to choose. He made learning fun but at the same time, didn't treat us like we were the kids and he was the adult. He was always on our level.That makes a huge difference when you are interacting with children on a daily basis.
3. Were you involved in any sports/extracurricular activities?I played the flute in the middle school band for 2 years and then joined choir for 1 or 2 years. Man, my memory sucks. We're talking 5th-8th grade though and that was a good chunk of time ago. I didn't do any activities in the short time I was in our public high school. I hated it there and it wasn't long before I switched to homeschooling.
4. What was your favorite birthday party?Probably my 10th birthday party. My parents were still together back then and we still lived in Georgia where I was born and lived until I was 11. It was still really warm for September so we had the garage door open and the party set up in the garage. I had lots of friends and a couple cousins come and my parents had some of their friends over so they were happy too. We had a bunch of Sam's Club brand sparkling fruit flavored water that came in a can. All of us kids felt pretty cool getting to drink it. I got my first art easel, a couple Polly Pocket sets, and a bunch of pogs.
5. Who was your teen celebrity crush?I was head over heels for Hanson. More specifically, Taylor. I was the biggest teeny bopper. I was also really into Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, Spice Girls, etc. My bedroom walls were covered in posters. At times you couldn't even see the real color of the walls or the ceiling! All of my notebooks and anything else I could cover in Hanson pictures and doodles was plastered with them. Luckily, I had a best friend that was just as crazy for them as I was. We pen-palled with other fans, threw parties on the Hanson boys' birthdays, and cried when they came on tv. I'm actually really glad that is how I spent my teen years.
6. What show/movie did your parents not allow you to watch?South park was the only show I can remember that my mom had a clear problem with. I was not allowed to watch it which of course just made me want to watch it lol.
Next Weeks Questions: All about VD, you know, Valentines Day
1. Best Valentines Day you’ve ever had?
2. Worst Valentines Day you’ve ever had?
3. What do you plan on doing for Valentines this year?
4. Best Valentines Idea if you’re single?
5. Favorite Valentines Candy?
6. Favorite Valentines Memory from your childhood?